How to apply
Applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships based at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics have to be submitted at
To apply for Postdoctoral Fellowships based at the Harvard Quantum Optics Center please visit
Deadline for applications and all required documents is 30 November 2018.
All applications will be considered together and will be jointly evaluated by PIs at both institutions.
MPQ and Harvard University are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to fill in the online forms for applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships based at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics:
- Education: Please give details about all your university education, including dates and degrees acquired. Also give a short summary of your PhD thesis, and list any prizes and scholarships you received. Please also insert any other information you consider relevant.
- Research: In this section we ask you about your previous research: please list your research interests, list your publications (most relevant), and give an outline of your prior and ongoing projects and collaborations.
- Field of interest: Please give a research field (at most two) that you are planning to work in. Please mention who you want to collaborate with.
- Research Agenda: Here you should sketch the research agenda you intend to pursue during your fellowship at MPHQ. Please also explain how this research relates to your previous research
- Letters of reference: Name at least two referees (max. three) that can testify on your previous work. They will be notified automatically by email once you submit your application. The reference letters have to be submitted before the deadline. Therefore, please contact the referees in due time!
- Upload: Please upload your CV, your transcripts, papers and publications. Please use pdf format only.