How to apply
Since the program expired on Dec. 31, 2022, no further calls will be issued.
In order to expand on their research in the interdisciplinary field of quantum science and to promote the career of excellent young scientists, the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics (MPQ) and the Havard University Physics Department founded the Max Planck Harvard Research Center for Quantum Optics (MPHQ). In the framework of this world-class cooperation, research and educational activities take place in fundamental and applied fields in the quantum realm including sensing, metrology, control, chemistry, many-body systems, and information science. Please find further information at http://www.mph-quantum.mpg.de/
MPHQ is yearly looking for excellent candidates for two-year Postdoctoral Fellowships based at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to take advantage of the unique cooperation including a joint postdoc mentoring scheme and frequent opportunities for exchange between the two institutions. In addition to that, fellowships highly encourage the development of joint research projects. Applications should address one of the following scientific core areas: Quantum Simulation; Quantum Phases of Matter; Quantum Information Science; Quantum Sensing and Metrology; Quantum Networks; Quantum Dynamics and Ultracold Quantum Chemistry.
Applicants should have completed their PhD no more than three years before starting the fellowship. The starting date of the fellowships is flexible and should be within one year after application. To apply, please submit a curriculum vitae, transcripts, a list of publications, a brief description of your research interests (1000 characters max.) and a description of your scientific goals for the fellowship (5000 characters max.). Applicants are also asked to arrange for at least two letters of reference.
The link for submission of applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships based at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics can be found here in due time.
MPQ and Harvard University are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to fill in the online forms for applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships based at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics:
- Education: Please give details about all your university education, including dates and degrees acquired. Also give a short summary of your PhD thesis, and list any prizes and scholarships you received. Please also insert any other information you consider relevant.
- Research: In this section we ask you about your previous research: please list your research interests, list your publications (most relevant), and give an outline of your prior and ongoing projects and collaborations.
- Field of interest: Please give a research field (at most two) that you are planning to work in. Please mention who you want to collaborate with.
- Research Agenda: Here you should sketch the research agenda you intend to pursue during your fellowship at MPHQ. Please also explain how this research relates to your previous research
- Letters of reference: Name at least two referees (max. three) that can testify on your previous work. They will be notified automatically by email once you submit your application. The reference letters have to be submitted before the deadline. Therefore, please contact the referees in due time!
- Upload: Please upload your CV, your transcripts, papers and publications. Please use pdf format only.
In case of further questions, please contact Mrs. Miriam Lorenz (email@example.com) for further details.
Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics
Hans-Kopfermann Str. 1
85748 Garching, Germany